When you hear that women can have it all, do you start to think it might be more apt to say that women can do it all?
Women are mothers, partners, bosses, employees, colleagues, daughters, sisters, best friends, clients, mentors, and caretakers to everyone. So, it makes sense that women can get caught up in the endless demands of everyday life.
When you focus on being all things to everyone and neglect your own self care, you start to lose who you are, which leads to stress, resentment, overwhelm, and finally, the dreaded burnout.
Here’s how you can prevent that from happening.
- Create a morning routine with mediation, prayer, visualizations, an uplifting podcast, exercise, or anything that works for you. Morning rituals help get you centered for the day ahead.
- Do one thing that makes you happy every single day. Smell a flower, listen to your favorite song, hug yourself, think of those good things that feed your soul.
- It’s important to plow through your day, but your mind and body need a rest. One effective method to ensure you are getting adequate breaks and focusing on your work is the Pomodoro technique. You set a timer and work in 25-minute bursts and then take a five-minute break before starting the next cycle. Use those five minutes to get up and get moving.
- Stress tends to restrict breathing making proper breathing crucial to your overall well-being, so make sure to stop several times per day and just do some deep breathing exercises by closing your eyes, quieting your mind, and taking deep breaths.
- Exercise is a great way to prevent burnout. It doesn’t matter whether it’s yoga or dancing, running, or cycling, if it makes your body feel good then you should do it, it will help relieve tension and improve your mood.
- If you don’t set and respect your boundaries, then who will? Set boundaries with everyone in your life and be assertive as you stick to them. You don’t need to justify your no, so stop offering reasons to placate the masses and start focusing on yourself.
Burnout is totally preventable, but it takes a well-planned and deliberate effort. Don’t get sucked into the vortex of a busy life, where you ignore yourself and your needs, your wellness really depends on you!
For more information see video link here: youtu.be/jLnLJIw2npg
So, there is no excuse why stress has to be a part of our lives. To discuss your stress or any of the tools provided in a private confidential way, connect with me for a free 30-minute power consultation see schedule link here: http://bit.ly/2Qomut4